Monday, October 21, 2013

Read the manual

I know, I know.... who wants to sit down and read a boring ol' camera manual?!  It is one of the best things you can do.  Seriously.  I know it's not the most interesting thing but it will be helpful.  I promise.  Sit down with your camera and the manual... and just play.  Go through the different function buttons.  Learn how to use the different modes of your camera.  See what your camera offers.  You may say, I have no idea where my manual is.  Most can be downloaded from the camera manufacturer's website. 

Here is the link for CANON  and for NIKON.  If neither of these are the manufacturer of your camera, do a google search for it.  I bet you will find it.

As you're going through the manual with your camera, maybe write down 3-5 things you figured out and try them.  You don't to go out on a big photo shoot to practice.  Sometimes I try something new and just shoot a photo of the books in my office.  Or I've used a doll before.  Or the dog.  Or anyone that will be still for a minute or so.  Practice, practice, practice.....

No comments:

Post a Comment